Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2013-07-12 7:36

Hi Lisa!

Aw, the inner ghoul in me feels your pain, I too am a walker among the dead (language used there for dramatic effect!!). I do spend a lot of time in graveyards, but I fully agree, some of the best places to take fascinating shots, and this is a beauty. Your choice of sepia is perfect here, setting a great mood and enhancing the brilliant light.

I'm looking to see what the oddities you can see are, and though I hesitate to say it, can I see two orbs here? It looks like one against the tree and one in the low left corner of the shot. I'm not really sure what my own thoughts are the subject, but if that's what these are, then I must admit to being fascinated by them.

You know, I once met the great white witch of Ireland (seriously!!!) and she told a friend of mine that she knew I was a photographer, and that someday, I would capture something in my work that most people would not believe. Again, belief is a hard thing sometimes, but I'd be really interested to hear if the orbs are what you are referring to. If so, this is a very controversial shot, and many people would be very happy to see this.

Interesting shot Lisa, cheers!
Slainte
Noel

Old 07-13-2013, 03:41 AM
TE Expert

Talking To Noel_Byrne: Ghouls

Gidday Noel

Hehehehe yeah I thought of you and our other resident ghoul Stephen when I posted this. But graveyards are fun and I'm not gonna stop going to them - and I hope you don't either.

Yeah I thought they might be orbs too. I am sceptical but couldn't explain it as lens flare because I wasn't shooting directly into the sun. N you can clearly see that the sun was shining from right to left. One thing I missed was something my sister thinks she sees: have a look at the front gravestone. She reckons you can clearly see a man's face and shoulders on the right side of it. I can see it too, but think it's just the weird shape of the lichen growing on the stonework.

Well, now that a white witch has said this about your photography, I'm going to look extra close at the shots you take from now on, in the hope of spotting something ultra-creepy!

Thanks again, enjoy your Saturday
Lisa