Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2018-09-13 10:25

Hi Danos
hahaha, I have mentioned to all of our Greek TE members and I'll say it again to you now - I find it VERY strange how in 99% of all these outdoor restaurants pictured from Greece, there are NO PEOPLE. and we see that again here. Why is that? There hardly ever seems to be people sitting outside eating at these cafe's/restaurants, what is going on? haha. anyways, its a fine shot, nice to have the scene capped off with the church in the far bg. I guess the answer to my question is most people eat late dinner here? Not wanting to sit in the hot afternoon sun, when most of the photos are taken. cheers
Craig

Old 09-14-2018, 06:51 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Elafonisos,the waterfront

Hello Craig,
the shot of the empty restaurant was taken about at 13:00 with the sun to be very hot,at 30o C.The most of them have interior rooms so the people eat in the shadow and in the air condition atmosphere.These tables,the most of them, are used during the night with the sea breeze to make the place more chilly and pleasant to eat someone so close to the sea.
Of course there are restaurants with tents with lot of people to eat and drink under them but the air under them is very high and sweltering.
So under these atmospheric conditions at midday, I and the most of the visitors prefer to eat inside the restaurants and at night out with the breeze to cool us.

Regards,Danos