Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2021-04-22 4:56

Hello Steve,

I love these close-up shots which seem to almost put us in touch with the figures.
The eyes take precedence and then the activity of painting.

I think I would have have just selectively sharpened the eyes and used the dodge tool on highlight.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 04-23-2021, 01:44 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To Royaldevon: sharpening

Hi Bev,

Thanks for your comment. Must admit I struggled with the shots I took of this woman. It was dark in her hut with bright light shining through gaps in the walls. My A700 was not great with noise (one reason I upgraded, post Ethiopia) so I had to use a fairly long exposure time, consequently all of the shots have some movement blur, which I think is what you see on her eye, maybe. Although her forehead looks sharp... I did some selected sharpening and masked the already bright/sharp area. Perhaps some more would have been better, but over sharpened images are one of my pet hates. cheers, Steve
Old 04-23-2021, 07:30 AM
TE Expert

Default Sharpening

Hi Steve, I agree, over sharpening often looks worse than slightly blurred.
Your photo did respond to just a slight tweak with the sharpening tool and a little dodging on the eyes.

I got advice like this, many years ago but not much advice is given these days, to agree with or disagree with.

Have a good day, Bev 😊