Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-07-10 11:38

Hello Kasia,
I've never had such a fantastic model ... Some people have all the luck :)
Truly a magnificent photo of the Taj with a young Indian beauty in the foreground.
Her dress matches the colour of the walkways on either side of the elongated fountain and it contrasts well with the blue water.
The Taj shines beautifully at the top in a light fog.
In your first WS you focus well on the beautiful sari and the necklace.
In India it's difficult to know if someone is local or from the other side of the country.
Indians travel all over their country. On my last two journeys I've also met Indians who lived in the UK or the US and are therefore often dressed very Western.
Moreover, many Indians also move to another state because of better job facilities. So I also saw many different types among the people in the street.
Best regards, Paul

Old 07-10-2021, 07:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To PaulVDV: Locals or not

Thank you for your kind comments Paul.
I once met a lady on the train from Lahore to Islamabad, dressed in a very elegant but obviously local way. She asked me where I was from... and upon hearing the answer she shouted with joy: "I'm from the UK too!". An hour later, a local man wearing a long salwar kameez, a turban and sporting a black beard helped me find my next transport in Rawalpindi station... He knew all the local and customs... and he turned out to be from the UK too, visiting family... :-D
Have a nice Sunday
Kasia
Old 07-10-2021, 09:55 PM
TE Senior Member

PS. No, I think I said I was from Poland (too much choice! ;-) and she said she was from the UK...