Fotos

Photographer's Note

A little slice of Americana.

The Mail Pouch barn program began in 1890 when the Bloch Brothers Tobacco Company began compensating farmers who agreed to have their barns double as outdoor advertising. About 83% of Mail Pouch barns are black while the remaining 17% are red. Surprisingly the program reached its peak in the 1960's, over 70 years from when it began.

This one is located along PA Route 985 about 5 miles north of Jennerstown, and about 15 miles south of the much larger town of Johnstown.

Nobody ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2089
Points: 6
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 126 W: 60 N: 671] (4795)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH