Photographer's Note

This is the Maison des Ducs de Brabant (the House of the Dukes of Brabant) in Grand Place, Brussels. This house t is actually a group seven houses designed in 1698 by the architect Guillame de Bruyn but with a common front. The seven houses are called La Bourse (The Stock Exchange), La Colline (The Hill), Le Pot d'Etain (The Tin Pot), Le Moulin à Vent (The Windmill), La Fortune (The Fortune), L'Ermitage (The Hermitage) L'Ecrevisse (The Crayfish) and La Renommé (The Fame). It is called the House of the Dukes of Brabant because of the statues of dukes under the windows on the first floor of the building.
To the left of the Maison des Ducs de Brabant part of a number of guildhouses are seen. The house with a statue on the roof is the Maison des Tailleurs (House of the Tailors). The houses to the right of the Maison des Tailleurs are L'Ange (The Angel), Joseph et Anne (Joseph and Anne), from 1700, and Le Cerf (The Stag), from 1710.

Longroute, PaulVDV, saxo042, maloutim ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 3153
Points: 12
Additional Photos by ulf eriksson (UlfE) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 2516 W: 81 N: 3657] (14641)
View More Pictures