Photographer's Note

Situated on the southeastern side of Howth Head in Dublin is Bailey Lighthouse.Built around 1814 and designed by George Halpin.The area has been the scene of a number of shipwrecks. In 1853 the PS Queen Victoria hit rocks and sank and over 80 passengers and crew died.As a result of a Board of Trade inquiry a fog bell was installed later the same year.Bailey Lighthouse was the last Irish lighthouse to go automatic in late 1996 although an attendant still lives in the Principal Keepers house.

ikeharel, pajaran, adramad, No_One, Miguel82, ourania, mcmtanyel, Cricri ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2955
Points: 22
  • None
Additional Photos by Arthur Butcher (Kugart) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 266 W: 0 N: 536] (1778)
View More Pictures