Fotos

Photographer's Note

From the bottom towards the high they can be seen: the roman Hole, the Basilica of Massenzio, the Church of S. Roman Francesca, the Bell tower of the convent of the Olivetani and the Colosseo.
I omit notes on the Hole and on the Colosseo because all know them.
The MASSENZIO BASILICA was constructed between the 306 and 312 d.C. from Massenzio and was completed from Costantino. Originally 5 great passages lead in an enormous navate classroom uniform in three. The only column survivor was removed in 1613 and placed of forehead to the Basilica of S. Greater Maria. In the apse of the navata one its statue in marble centers them Costantino made to raise one white man and golden bronze. The head and a foot is exposed in the Capitolini Museums. The ROMAN BASILICA OF S.FRANCESCA was second constructed the legend on the place where Simon Wizard defied S.Pietro with its magical limbs. It came later on magnified and placed side by side from a convent that was inhabited before from Canonical the Regular ones of the congregation of S.Frediano of Lucca, then from Canonical the Lateranensi and finally from monaci the Mount Benedictines Olive grove (from which: convent of the Olivetani): today the ancient convent accommodates the Antiquarium, where they are exposed, in some atmospheres of the first one and according to plan around to the chiostro, the more important ritrovamenti of the Roman Hole. The beautifulst Romanesque bell tower of the convent (XII century) conserve still part of discs policromi of maiolica, Arabic origin, than made it to risplendere at a distance. The church of S.Maria Nova assumed the definitive name of Roman S.Francesca when in the 1440 it was buried to you, under the altar greater, Francesca di Paul de Buscis, been born to Rome in 1384, called from the Roman "Ceccolella".

Nobody ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 1579
Points: 2
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Ludo Catti (polpo56) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1435 W: 84 N: 2116] (15146)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH