Fotos

Photographer's Note

Bridge V. Emanuele II and Bridge S.Angelo seen from the Tevere. Under the first arched the Mausoleo di Adrian is caught a glimpse, more known like Castel S.Angelo. The construction of the new bridge dedicated to the king Vittorio Emanuele II was planned from architect Ennio De Red in 1886 and was inaugurated 25 years very after, the 6 june 1911, hardly in time for the celebrations of the 50° anniversary of the Unit of Italy. The bridge, to three arched circulars lowered, is realized in masonry and is adorned, to the extremities, from four high bases it adorns to you from semicolumns on which they rest as many "winged Victories" in bronze that they bring between the hands the crown of the Victoria, the military panoply, the shield, the broken sword, chains, the bloomed branch of oak and the serto.

Bridge S.Angelo: Its first denomination was bridge Helium, from Publio emperor Adrian Helium that made it to construct between the 130 and 135 d.C. from Demetriano architect, realized like tree-lined avenue of access to the Mausoleo Adrian. During the Evo Mean the name was changed in "S.Pietro Bridge" in how much represented the only direct access in order to reach the Basilica Vatican from the city. The name puts into effect them is referred to the second tradition which, in the 590 d.C., while Pope Gregorio Magno crossed the bridge during a enitential processione, had the vision of the Michele archangel that, on the top of the Adriana Size, riponeva in the fodero the sword to mean the end of the pestilenza that plagued Rome. From then the denomination "S.Angelo" extended to the bridge and the Castle, on whose spalti it came raised the famous angel to memory of the event.

Clementi, gracious ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2031
Points: 8
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Ludo Catti (polpo56) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1435 W: 84 N: 2116] (15146)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH