Photographer's Note

Castello di Perchia – Spoleto (PG)
Its existence is documented as a fortified center by a parchment of the Municipality of Spoleto from 1380.
However, the site had been inhabited since Roman times, when a vicus or villa stood there.
Then in medieval times the presence of the church put in place a process of attraction and appeal of the surrounding population, which may have led to the birth of a village, called San Giovanni de Panaria.
Panaria is mentioned in a series of documents from the 13th century, including an act dated 9 September 1243, in which the boundaries between the Spoleto district and Terre Arnolfe were defined following the donations of Federico II, among the witnesses there is also a Raynucius de villa Panarie.
From this moment the villa began to be disputed between Spoleto and Terre Arnolfe.TO FIND OUT MORE: CASTELLO DI PERCHIA

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 46
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 20386 W: 130 N: 43054] (225824)
View More Pictures