Photographer's Note

Orthodox church in Bystre
The church was built in 1902. Its designer was probably Lviv architect Wasyl Nahirny - author of about 200 stone and wooden churches.
In 1927 the presbytery was renovated and the iconostasis was renovated, and in 1939 a stone screen bell tower was erected next to the church.
Since the former residents were displaced in 1951, the church complex was left unattended, which was the cause of the process of devastation and theft of equipment elements.
It was not until 1962 that the remains of the equipment were transported to the Icon Store at the Castle Museum in Łańcut. In 1993, the church was renovated and the belfry was completely renovated by the Society for the Protection of Monuments in Michniowiec, which currently uses the buildings and maintains an interesting museum exhibition inside the church.

holmertz, Fis2, PaulVDV, pierrefonds, pajaran, COSTANTINO, ikeharel, jhm, lucasgalodoido, adramad ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 44
  • None
Additional Photos by Piotr FG (PiotrF) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 5655 W: 2 N: 11193] (52542)
View More Pictures