Photographer's Note

The village of Čerević is located along the Danube, at the confluence of the Cerevicki stream and the Danube, and at the foot of Fruška Gora.
It was first mentioned in 1189 in the Charter of Pope Innocent III, in which Cerevic is mentioned as an old Catholic parish. It is mentioned as a fortified settlement in the 1313 year, and in 1372 it was already listed as a small town. With the arrival of the Turks in 1526, the Catholic population was displaced at the invitation of the church, while the Orthodox population remained in the village.
As early as 1608, there was a school, several mosques and an Orthodox church in Čerević. Turkey was expelled in 1704, and until the First World War it belonged to Austria and Austria-Hungary. Before the Second World War, a lot of Germans lived in Cerević, who later moved out. Today, Čerević has: a museum, a school, a Catholic church and an Orthodox church (both seen in the photo).

pajaran ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 2
  • None
Additional Photos by Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 321 W: 129 N: 1562] (9419)
View More Pictures