Photographer's Note

Venngarn was known since at least the 13th-century. During the 15th-century, the estate was owned by the noble family Banér. In 1441, it was given to Cecilia Haraldsdotter (Gren) upon her marriage to a member of the Banér family: it was inherited by her daughter Sigrid Eskilsdotter (Banér), the maternal grandmother of King Gustav Vasa of Sweden, and through her come to belong to the royal house in 1555. In 1568, it was given to Princess Sophia of Sweden upon her marriage and served as her residence alongside Ekolsund CastlernVenngarn was sold to count Frans Berendt von Thurn in 1619, and bought by Magnus Gabriel de la Gardie (1622–1686) in 1653. The castle was largely built in 1670 for Magnus Gabriel De la Gardie in collaboration with the architect Jean de la Vallée.rnVenngarn Castle was confiscated by the crown during the Reduction of Charles XI and has since 1686 been rented out by the crown. In 1916–1997, it served as an institution for the rehabilitation of people suffering from alcoholism, and from 1997, it has served as a health center.rnIn 2013, the company Sisyfos bought the castle and the property it was, which were completely. The goal of the project was to create a new community around the castle and the park as hearts through the enrichment of the historical place. It is open to visitors as early as next year, conferences and other types of gatherings are being organized, but the restoration work has not been completed.rnView from the back of the castle to the garden. The front of the castle is in WS.

pajaran ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 4
  • None
Additional Photos by Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 321 W: 129 N: 1567] (9431)
View More Pictures