Photographer's Note

The original lighthouse “Stoney Creek Lighthouse” on Cape St. George was built in 1860. It ceased operation after 1899 after realising that it was not built in the optimal location, however it remained a daylight navigational hazard until it was largely destroyed by a naval bombardment. It was a three storey circular tower with an inside diameter of 10 feet. The walls were of dressed sandstone 3ft thick at the base tapering to 2ft at the top.
The ruins rest on an abandoned cliff top, viewed by the occassional bush trecker.

RGatward, CVTJan, jhonny_blue, merpb, nwoehnl, elihesamian, jhm, Georges, veimann ha puntuado esta nota como útil.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2766
Points: 28
Additional Photos by Chris King (cxxl) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 511 W: 67 N: 255] (2684)
View More Pictures