Photographer's Note

Miguel Burnier, District of Ouro Preto, is 40 km from the city. Located at latitude 20º26'03"S and longitude 43º46'35"W and an altitude of 1172 meters.

The district was named the Region Rodeo. It was a village made up of gold mining operations. Mining developed, especially in depressed areas of land, called the potholes.

Since the 1880s, the region began to gain momentum. The inauguration of the Miguel Burnier train station took place on June 17, 1884 and the name was a tribute to the director of the railway that year, the engineer Miguel Noel Nascentes Burnier.

In the twentieth century, His Excellency Carlos Wigg bought most of the land in the district and in 1893 implemented an iron production facility. On October 8, 1929, it was determined that the county seat is San Julian, the mill town where she was the chapel of St. Julian. Only on December 17, 1948, that, pursuant to Act No. 336, the district became known as Miguel Burnier.

Today the region has a Ore Plant of Vale do Rio Doce Company, which devastated the region, and soon more photos of the Church and the Railway Station.

Source: Wikipedia

All Rights Reserved: Lucas Vieira Copyright. Use in any form is forbiden without the written permission of the photographer.

Direitos Autorais Reservados: A presente fotografia é obra intelectual protegida pela lei 9610/98 sendo proibida a reprodução por qualquer meio sem a prévia autorização por escrito do autor. Favor contatar Lucas Vieira.

Photo Information
Viewed: 5792
Points: 70
Additional Photos by Lucas Vieira (lucasgalodoido) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 6049 W: 190 N: 7835] (27698)
View More Pictures